ISLAMABAD, Oct. 6 (Xinhua) -- The Pakistani military blamed Indian forces for the current cross Line of Control (LoC) tension escalations, and added that Pakistan has prepared its own contingency plan to deal with any situation, according to an army spokesman here on Thursday.
Lt. General Asim Bajwa, director-general of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), told Xinhua in an exclusive interview at the ISPR headquarters in Rawalpindi that it was Indian troops who have initiated violation of 2003 ceasefire along the LoC, which divide the nuclear rivals in the disputed Kashmir region.
"The Indian forces violated the Line of Control by fire and then few hours later they made a false claim about surgical strikes' across the Line of Control. We did check everything on ground and we found the claim was absolutely false," the army spokesman said in his first ever formal interview with a foreign media since the tension escalated on early Sept. 29.
He further said Indian forces fired into the Pakistani side everyday since then, adding that the Indian fire came to a maximum on Wednesday as they fired over 25,000 rounds with small arms -- rifles and machine-guns as well as mortars.
Read the full story at Xinhua
