WASHINGTON, July 11 (Yonhap) -- The United States continues to look into a so-called secondary boycott of North Korea to starve the communist nation of resources to develop its nuclear and missile programs, the State Department said Tuesday.
North Korea is under a wide range of sanctions for its missile and nuclear tests, and is expected to face stronger punishment for its intercontinental ballistic missile launch last week.
"We are willing to ... look at other nations and sanction them if they are involved in activities that help give money to the DPRK," department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said during a regular press briefing, referring to North Korea by its official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
She noted Washington issued sanctions against Chinese entities last week. Such sanctions, known as a "secondary boycott," are designed to cut off money to the North.
Read the full story at YonhapNews