UNITED NATIONS, May 22 (Xinhua) -- The members of the UN Security Council on Monday strongly condemned the most recent ballistic missile launch conducted by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea on Sunday.
The members of the Security Council expressed their "utmost concern" over the DPRK's highly destabilizing behavior and flagrant and provocative defiance of the Security Council by conducting this ballistic missile launch in violation of its international obligations under UN Security Council resolutions, according to a UN Security Council statement.
They agreed that the Security Council would "continue to closely monitor the situation and take further significant measures including sanctions, in line with the Council's previously expressed determination," said the statement.
The statement also said that the members of the Security Council vowed to "fully and comprehensively implement all measures imposed on the DPRK by the Security Council and strongly urge all other member states to do so in an expeditious and serious manner," in response to the DPRK's flagrant act of defying the will of the Security Council to denuclearize the DPRK emphasized on April 28 at the Ministerial Security Council meeting, it said.
Read the full story at Xinhua