By Sharif Amiri
The Ministry of Defense (MoD) on Sunday said the task team assigned by central government to investigate the attack on the Afghan National Army 209 Shaheen Military Corps Headquarters in Balkh is still looking into personnel at the army base and has so far found negligence played a role in the deadly attack.
According to the MoD, preliminary investigations show that negligence on the part of officials at the military corps resulted in the deadly attack. However, the findings have not been finalized, said an official.
“Generals and officers from the military corps who were responsible for watching over the compound have been investigated and the investigations are not finished yet,” Mohammad Radmanesh, MoD deputy spokesman said.
A security source meanwhile told TOLOnews that insurgents were working within the military corps and were active in Baghlan, Faryab and Sar-e-Pul provinces. He said it had been easy for them to enter the base.
The deadly incident is being investigated by a task-team that includes members from the Ministry of Defense (MoD), the National Directorate of Security (NDS) and the National Security Council (NSC).
Read the full story at TOLOnews