PYONGYANG, Aug. 31 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Thursday rejected the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) presidential statement condemning its latest test firing of a medium-range ballistic missile.
A DPRK foreign ministry spokesman said the Pyongyang "categorically" rejected the UNSC's presidential statement.
"We had already warned the United States that we would be closely monitoring its conduct. The intermediate-range strategic ballistic rocket launching drill carried out by the Strategic Force of the KPA (Korean People's Army) this time is only a curtain raiser to the resolute countermeasures to be taken against the United States, as it responded to our warning by waging the belligerent Ulji Freedom Guardian joint drills," said the spokesman.
The spokesman said by holding the joint drills, the United States "had denied the DPRK's proactive measures to defuse the extreme tension and acted with imprudence."
The DPRK on Tuesday conducted a medium-range ballistic missile test firing from Pyongyang, in which the missile flew 2,700 km with an altitude of 550 km across northern Japan and hit its targeted waters in the north Pacific, calling it a prelude to further missile strikes in the Pacific theater against U.S. targets.
Read the full story at Xinhua