|Hwasong-12 Ballistic Missle test launch prep (File Photo)|
BEIJING, Sept. 1 (Xinhua) -- Several countries continued to express their stands and suggestions on Thursday and Friday on the recent ballistic missile launch by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).
The DPRK on Thursday rejected the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) presidential statement condemning its latest test firing of a medium-range ballistic missile.
"We had already warned the United States that we would be closely monitoring its conduct," said a DPRK foreign ministry spokesman.
"The intermediate-range strategic ballistic rocket launching drill carried out by the Strategic Force of the KPA (Korean People's Army) this time is only a curtain raiser to the resolute countermeasures to be taken against the United States, as it responded to our warning by waging the belligerent Ulji Freedom Guardian joint drills," he said.
Defense chiefs of South Korea and the United States condemned the DPRK's recent missile launches during their bilateral talks in Washington, Seoul's defense ministry said Thursday.
Read the full story at Xinhua