The attack on National Radio Television in Afghanistan (RTA) in Jalalabad city in Nangarhar province on Wednesday ended after about four hours of heavy gun fighting.
The provincial governor’s spokesman Attaullah Khogyani told TOLOnews that there had been five attackers in total.
One was a suicide bomber who blew himself up, three were killed by security forces and the fifth was arrested, said Khogyani.
Daesh meanwhile claimed responsibility for the attack shortly after the Taliban rejected any involvement.
The attack ended at about 2pm, four hours after attackers stormed the state-run TV building.
Officials said they are now conducting a cleaning operation in the immediate area.
Read the full story at TOLOnews