KUNDUZ, Afghanistan, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- At least eight militants were killed after Afghan security forces repelled Taliban attacks in the country's northern province of Kunduz on Wednesday, officials said.
In one attack, eight Taliban were killed after unknown number of militants stormed troop's positions in Duhbandi, in outer side of Chahar Dara district, western of provincial capital Kunduz city, district Governor Zulmai Farooqi told Xinhua.
"The militants tried to run the district center but the security forces were aware of the attack. Sporadic clashes were still going on there. So far, eight militants lost their lives and no security force member was hurt in exchange of fire," Farooqi told Xinhua.
Read the full story at Xinhua
